Are you considering installing Exchange 2007 service pack 2, on your SBS 2008 server? Apparently, you can’t just download the Service Pack and start installing it; as SBS 2008 doesn’t “officially support” it. That would usually mean that you’d have to use a painfull, manual workaround. But the Microsoft SBS team has released a tool that will help you with the installation of Service Pack 2.
- Start by downloading Exchange 2007, Service Pack 2. Take your time, it’s a 900mb download. In case you’re wondering: You need the 64-bit version.
- Download the Installer tool that’s provided by Microsoft.
- “Run” Service Pack 2; which will extract the files you’ll need. Don’t click setup afterwards!
- Instead, install the Installer tool. Once it’s installed it’ll run automatically. In case you get distracted like me, you’ll find it under “Small Business Server Tools”.
- Select the folder where the Service Pack is extracted.
- The Installer Tool will take care of the installation. Don’t forget to tell everyone that the Exchange server won’t be reachable during the upgrade!
Hope this helps!