Tuesday was day 3 of the “Plustek” project. Today I’ve once again been planning, tinkering and testing. Fortunately, I also got some extra work done!
Note: this ‘log’ will be brief, because I’m annoyed by something that’s not Joomla! related. Damn you, car shop. Damn you to hell and back!
- Yesterday, I started by creating a subcategory for products. I created the other categories, but while doing that I also tinkered with the K2 settings for a while.
- I added a menu item for each subcategory I created; linking to a K2 Category listing.
- I created a simple contact page, added Google Maps and added a Twitter and Facebook button. Nothing fancy, just an image I downloaded from their site.
- I installed ALFContact. It’s my ‘Favorite’ contact module. It’s clean and simple to use but with plenty of options, like allowing you to write an intro – outrotext, the option to redirect users to another page after sending the e-mail, support for Recaptcha, and the possibility for users to choose a contact from a drop down list. Love it!
- I installed the AllVideos Plugin. Allvideos + K2 + Uberpagebreak = professional looking product pages.
I’ve moved on with the K2.css customization. Yesterday, I made some changes to the picture in the Category Listing View. Today, I added a few other changes. I’ve set the padding of a certain div – don’t recall which one – to 0 to reach the result I was aiming for.
That’s about it for today!
Comments on the process? Reply below!