So, I haven’t posted updates for the “Building the site” series I just started. The reason is simple, really. And worth an update, I guess.
We’ve now reached the point where we start adding articles (about scanners) to the site. This isn’t very exciting; as we’ve got to repeat the same steps over and over again. This is how we’re currently working:
- Write our ‘own’ English pages about a product, in English.
- Translate them into Dutch
- Add Dutch K2 item
- Use Joomfish to translate K2 item.
This process might seem weird, but there’s a reason why we do the things we do.
- Dutch is the ‘main’ language of the site, so the original K2 article needs to be written in Dutch.
- It saves us a lot of time rewriting the ‘English’ pages by Plustek to suit our needs, and THEN translate them into Dutch. We first tried writing ‘our’ version in Dutch, and then translate them into English. It was time consuming and surprisingly hard to do.
So, now you know what I’ve been up to. I probably will be adding articles for some time to come, but I’ll give you a shout when that’s over and we move on to something interesting!