Are you looking to export your bookmarks in Internet Explorer 8? I was, last week, and the instructions I found on the internet weren’t very clear. I read some instructions that didn’t work, because items I was supposed to click weren’t there. But after some more Googling I found the solution. Yes, Internet Explorer 8 isn’t “new” and people probably blogged about this before, but you know how we work. We face a problem, we blog about it to remember it. Anyway, if you’re also trying to export your bookmarks this is how you do it.
- Open Internet Explorer 8.
- In the menu, click “File” followed by ‘Import and export’.
- A screen will appear. Choose “Export to file”.
- Choose what you want to export (your favorites / bookmarks, obviously)
Your bookmarks will now be exported to an .htm file.
Use the file to import your favorites.
To import the bookmarks (for example, on another computer), follow these instructions:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the menu, click ‘File’.
- In the screen that appears, choose ‘Import from file.’
- Your favorites / bookmarks will be imported.
Pretty simple, right? But what if you could synchronize your bookmarks to everywhere? We just might discuss that in a follow-up article. Stay tuned!
Categories: Software & Tools