Is there a better way to start the week than with a nasty Joomla! error? Don’t answer that question, it was rhetorical.
I started this week by doing some maintenance of our own sites, when I was greeted by the following Joomla! error: Jtablesession:: store failed.
This error is a serious one, as it’ll prevent anyone from visiting your website. So it’s rather important that you tackle this problem straight away. Here’s how I managed to solve the problem. It’s rather simple, really, if you’ve got access to PHPMyadmin
How it’s done
I’m going to assume that you’ve got access to PHPMyadmin. If not, the steps might be completely different for you. Anyhow, moving on…
1. Go to your database in PHPMyAdmin.
2. Open the table that’s giving you a headache, xxx_session. Where xxx stands for your database prefix, usually jos.
3. Go to “Operations”. Once on the operations page, click “repair table” under “Table Maintenance.”
Your rogue table will now be fixed, and in most cases you’ll see that your problem is solved when you try visiting your website again.