Filezilla is a popular FTP client, which is very user-friendly. So user-friendly that, when I wanted to export my Site settings, I missed the obvious, built in option to do so. The instructions below apply to the Windows version of Filezilla.
Export your saved sites
To export the sites you’ve saved in Site Management, follow these simple steps:
- Go to “File”
- Click “Export”
- Choose what you want to export, click “Okay”
- Choose a filename and a location for your settings.
Importing your saved settings
- Go to “File”
- Click “Import”
- Find the settings file you want to import.
- Import it!
Export / Import all your settings
If you want to save all your settings, including stored certificates and the likes, you can simply copy the setting files.
- Go to %APPDATA%/Filezilla using Windows’ command bar, or after going to Start > Run
- Copy all files in this folder.
- To import them, simply follow step 1 on the target PC.
- Make sure to back-up the files on the target PC, just in case
- Paste the files you copied.
And that’s it!
Support us by making a small donation
Hey, you! We hope that this article was helpful, interesting, entertaining or at the least worthy of your time.
If you want to support us so we can write more articles like this one, you can make a small donation. It’s really easy. Simply use the button below, and choose how many $1 dollar “purchase” you want to make.
Your donation will be used to keep the lights on, to buy equipment and software and to fuel our thirst for water and coca cola.