Last week, I was working on a client website when my eye fell on something. Some articles had a heading which said “Articles”. If this happens to you, don’t bother looking for the solution inside Joomla. There’s still a simple fix for this problem, though. Actually there is more than one way to fix it, I will just explain the solution that worked for me.
Using Language Overrides
If you do some research, you’ll discover that this “Articles” header only appears for articles which aren’t linked to a menu item. To remove this header, we’re going to use a built-in Joomla! option: the Language Overrides. Here’s how it’s done.
1. Go to your Joomla! back-end and log in.
2. Navigate to “Extensions > Language Manager”
3. Click the “Overrides” tab.
4. Click “New”. A new screen opens.
5. In this new screen, write the following in the “Language Constant” field: JGLOBAL_ARTICLES
6. Leave the text field empty, and save the override.
As a result, the “Articles” will be stripped everywhere in your website, which solves your problem with the unwanted text!