We were in the process of building a website built on K2 when we were confronted with something ‘unusual’. We are using Simple Image Gallery Pro to create photo galleries for players of a volleyball club. You know how it works: you click a thumbnail, you get to see a bigger picture.
When we tried the feature, the result wasn’t quite what we expected:
The problem was located in the ‘popup engine’ we chose in the Simple Gallery Pro plug-in, or rather, didn’t choose as we used the default option.
The default option, Slimbox2, doesn’t quite work as planned. We could now go into details on how to fix this particular problem, but sometimes less is more.
The simple solution
Use one of the many other popup engines available in Sigpro. We decided to pick SimpleBox, ourselves, but you’re free to mix and match.
Here’s how you change the popup engine:
- In the top menu, go to Extensions > Plug-in Manager
- Find Simple Image Gallery Pro in the list of plug-ins, and open it. Tip: use “Simple” as a search term.
- Under Basic Options, look for “Popup engine for image galleries”
- Choose an option that isn’t “Slimbox2”
- Click ‘Save’.
This should solve the less than aesthetically pleasing mess that Slimbox2 created on your site. Enjoy!
P.S If you’re a tinkerer, you can try to fix the Slimbox issue yourself.
- Location of CSS files (You’ll have to find out what version you’re using): /plugins/content/jw_sigpro/jw_sigpro/includes/js/mootools/slimbox/
- Changes to be made: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15336690/slimbox-overlay-in-front-of-the-image
Best of luck, you elite hacker you 😉
Categories: Joomla! Extensions